random, sports-related junk and perspectives you won't find anywhere else

Saturday, June 17, 2006

In a perfect world

Manny Stiles LOVES Game 7s...

I have been casually observing the run of the Oilers...

not people investing in Canadian Oil stocks... the Edmonton Oilers... NHL Hockey (Detroit residents may remember it as an event that causes choking - slowly this is becoming a rip Detroit sports website??!!??)?

Remember hockey? Yeah, me neither... but the okay-looking uniforms VS. the ugly uniforms is ALWAYS fun!!!!

Let's see... OLN changes to the VS. Network sometime in the estimated future... that's about all I've caught live, so far...HONESTLY, I tried to get interested in hockey but then the World Cup started...

seriously, I can name about 5 guys playing in the cup right now (Either Stanley OR World...but there is only 2 teams playing hockey) and I am a freak/avid sports fan.

Unlike alot of people who take work stoppages as a personal affront... I see these things as a time to re-invent the product. Anyone who doesn't see the significance of pre-1994 baseball and post 1995 baseball is, to liberally paraphrase Hubie Brown's words; naive and should be walked away from immediately. I will warm up to hockey eventually...like when they get back to NOT HAVING SOCCER SCORES (eliminating ties was a GREAT STEP FORWARD)...note: the US tied Italy 1-freaking 1 today in the 'soccer' World Cup. I should have bet the 'over'...

A Game Seven is JUST what the doctor ordered for the NHL... at least with SPORTS fans like me... I root for the story...I am the dude, who years later says..."I remember watching that game on TV when *****whatever random isht happened*****.
Game 7s are the pinnacle of team sports [and that's another thing about football (and more so, Soccer) that sucks - a topic for a later date, 'why particular sports suck'] do or die, win or go home, all the marbles, it all comes down to this, the best team wins!!!

Game 7... hell, I might even actually watch some of it!!! (it IS possible)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home